December is my absolute favorite month of the year. Sorry if I begin to sound like an 8 year old dying for Santa to come in this blog post, BUT, I seriously love December for so many reasons. To start off with, it’s Matt and I’s BIRTHDAY MONTH! We are both turning 24 this month, yikes. I know we are still young, but it’s weird in our book. More reasons December is the best month: I love Winter, it’s my favorite season ever, Christmas parades begin, everyone’s houses are so beautifully lit, everywhere you go is decked, I wish it was like this all year long. Another reason is the delicious winter drinks are part of the menu.
Time to kick out that Pumpkin Spice and bring in the naughty and nice! My newest discovery and now favorite Winter drink ever…White Peppermint Hot Chocolate (make it naughty with some peppermint schnapps!) I’m a huge fan of hot cocoa during this time of year. It’s a drink that makes you want to cuddle and sit by the fire while binge watching all of your favorite Christmas movies. Don’t get me wrong, I still love my hot cocoa, but I wanted to switch it up and try something new. I’ve always loved white chocolate, and if you do too, this is going to be the perfect drink for you!
This post isn’t going to be super precise like my other recipes. I eyeballed all my ingredients when making it. Typically, that’s what I always do, but I never pulled out a measuring cup for this one. I just used the ratios depending on how much I want or how many people are drinking too!
This recipe takes about 5 minutes, it’s TOO easy!
Here’s what you NEED:
- Heavy Whipping Milk
- Regular Milk (your preference, I use 2%)
- Vanilla Extract
- White Chocolate Chips
- Hershey’s Peppermint Kisses
- Peppermint Schnapps (if you want it naughty, trust me you DO)
Here’s what you DO:
- Grab yourself a small pot, and pour in your Milk. Then pour in the whipping cream. I pour in HALF of the amount on the ratio to my milk.
- Whisk together until it comes to a light simmer.
- Add 2 tsp. of Vanilla Extract, whisk together.
- Then throw in 6 Peppermint Hershey Kisses, and a handful of White Chocolate Chips.
- Mix together until it is ALL dissolved and smooth.
- Add in 1/3 cup of water.
- Add in your preferable amount of Peppermint Schnapps!
- YOU ARE DONE!!!
This drink is way too easy, and way too delicious. Top it off with whip cream and marshmallows, and you have yourself a fancy White Peppermint Hot Chocolate! We strolled around the beautiful Naples Island Boat Parade with these drinks, and it felt like a White Christmas in my book.
Hope you enjoy! Let me know how you like it, and where you took this fancy drink too.
Happy Holidays everyone!