I said yes, and now it’s time for my best ladies to say yes. I had a TON of fun creating my bridesmaid proposal boxes. It was definitely something I’ve always looked forward too, and I may have pinned one too many things on Pinterest. The amount of crazy cute ideas are ENDLESS. Once I finally nailed down what I wanted my “theme” to be, that’s when it got really fun and easy!
I wanted to make these boxes special, and reflect how my wedding day will be. I knew I wanted to give them something that they would be able to take into the actual day. So, I chose an item that they would be able to bring and use while we are getting ready on the wedding day! To tie the entire theme together, I wanted to give them something that paired with the main gift. I kind of went a different route with my idea, but it was different! Then lastly, I wanted the appearance to reflect the vision of my special day!
Here are the items in each Bridesmaid Proposal Box:
- Champagne Flutes from Cambridge Avenue! Kathryn and Chris, the owners of this shop, are the absolute sweetest. She had these beautiful flutes finished for me in the perfect amount of time. They were even better in person! LOVE. Definitely check out her Etsy and Instagram for the cutest engagement / wifey gifts and products. You. Will. Die. I chose the Rose Gold option in the flutes! Here is the exact link to my flutes! For $10, you can give your ladies a gift they will have FOREVER & they can use it on your special day. How cute will these be while getting ready on the big day?! Cheers! ALSO, if you’d like to order your OWN special flutes, or anything from this shop, use code: matchmadeinheavin10 for 10% off your order!
- Bubbly Bears by Sugarfina was the perfect match up with the flutes! Waiting to pop that bubbly the day of, duh! These champagne infused gummies are my absolute fave and Sugarfina always has the cutest packaging. It was the perfect addition to my crate box. So instead of giving them a mini bottle of bubbly, I chose these Sugarfina gummies…the bubbly will come the day of. Duh!
- Handmade cards from my sweet, sweet friend, Adrienne. She is my CRAZY talented friend, and I cannot tell her enough that she needs to start her own business. Her hand lettering is way too good to not be used more often. She wrote every letter on my proposal cards, AND somehow tied eucalyptus and baby’s breath flowers as a mini wreath on the card. That was her creative add on, she tied in my floral theme to my cards. I’m serious, she’s SO talented. If you’re interested in using her, DO NOT HESITATE, and trust me, she’s amazing. Email: Adrienne.email@example.com
- Handmade wooden crate boxes, from my good friend Jake, who also is going to be our officiant! His wood working business is called, Hardy Wood Works Co. Be sure to check his Instagram page out too if you’re looking for a gift for your man! He makes so many awesome custom pieces, and my bridesmaid proposal boxes were one of them!
I couldn’t be happier with how my proposal boxes turned out! The box contained a piece for everyone to use right then and there, cherish forever, and use on my wedding day. To top the boxes off, I threw together batches of baby breath and popped them in the empty corners! Being able to ask the most important girls in my life to stand by my side was one for the books! Also kinda nerve wrecking! Now I really can’t imagine how the guys must feel popping the question!
It’s hard to decide how to ask your ladies, everyone wants to ask in their own unique way. After going through this process I have learned a few things and would love to share with you.
- Bridesmaid proposal boxes can get PRICEY. Especially if you have a large bridal party. Use Pinterest to get your ideas, and try Etsy to find them! There are SO many people who handcraft items, and you can find the perfect piece that you were looking for! It’s crazy how creative people on Etsy are.
- Give them something they can keep forever. Whether it’s the card that has a meaningful touch, or an item that can be a keepsake. If you have them screaming “YES!” I’m sure they would love some type memory as a keepsake.
- Are you thinking about getting them more presents on the day of? You should be! So don’t be like me and try to put everything in your bridesmaid proposal boxes. Break it up, and choose what makes sense to give them now, and what to give them on the special day!
Here are a couple other ideas that I thought were so cute and brilliant! I hope you have just as much fun with this as I did. Let the brainstorming begin! Ps. If you’re reading this, and you’re engaged, CONGRATULATIONS!
Here are 8 Bridesmaid Proposal ideas from Etsy ALL UNDER $10!
- Scratch off Bridesmaid Proposal Cards
- Champagne Bottle Proposal
- Glass Mug Proposal
- Balloon Pop Proposal (one of my best friends asked this way, and it’s so cute)
- Makeup Bag Proposal
- Hanger Proposal
- Personalized Name Gift Bags
- Candle Proposal
If you want to follow along my journey, stay tuned for more wedding posts to come! To learn more about myself, and my fiancé, read about our proposal story on the blog!